Our diploma ceremony takes place in the courtyard of the Bass Biology building (Nolop Bass Biology Courtyard), following the commencement ceremony at the stadium. The majority of the seating will be under a canopy for your family and friends, but some seating is in full sun so hats and sunscreen are recommended.
Our reception begins at 11:30 am with a light buffet. There will be a vegetarian option.
We ask that you be in your seats at 12:20 pm, the ceremony starts promptly at 12:30. We anticipate that the ceremony will end by 2:00pm.
Attendance & Name Pronunciation
Whether or not you plan to confer your degree this Spring, you must RSVP if you intend to participate in the Biology Diploma Ceremony.
Questions can be sent to Patricia Ayala Macias at ayalamac [at] stanford.edu (subject: Commencement%20Questions) (ayalamac[at]stanford[dot]edu).
Undergrad RSVP Form due Friday, May 26, 2023
Coterm MS and PhDs:
Questions can be sent to Lorena Rodriguez at lorenar3 [at] stanford.edu (subject: Commencement%20Questions) (lorenar3[at]stanford[dot]edu).
Coterm RSVP Form & Ph.D. RSVP Form due Friday, May 26, 2023.
Important Deadlines: Application to Graduate
Saturday, March 4, 2023: Application to graduate available in Axess.
Friday, April 14, 2023 (5:00 p.m. PT): Application to graduate deadline.
Applications received after deadline will be assessed a $50 late fee.
Friday, June 2, 2023 (5:00 p.m. PT): Late application to graduate deadline
No applications will be accepted after this date.
Cap & Gown
- Monday, March 7 – Cap & Gown ordering website goes “Live”
- March 7 & 8, 10:00 a.m - 4:00 p.m. - Grad Fair at the Stanford Bookstore
- Monday, April 17 – Student/Faculty online cap & gown pre-order deadline for campus pickup
- Sunday, May 14 – Last day for students to order for home delivery
- Tuesday, June 1 – Pre-order cap & gown distribution begins (Stanford Bookstore lower level)
- Monday, June 5 – Open stock distribution begins (Stanford Bookstore lower level)
Have questions? Visit or email the Stanford Bookstore at stanford [at] bkstr.com (stanford[at]bkstr[dot]com).
Note: To guard against continuing delays in the supply chain, we recommend you place your order as early as possible.