Campus Health Services Fee
The following policy takes effect Winter Quarter 2018-2019 for all Biology PhD student at Hopkins Marine Station:
- All Hopkins students will receive funding from the Department of Biology to cover the Campus Health Services Fee (CHSF) each quarter.
- Though the University does not allow departments to cover the CHSF directly, we have increased your stipend/salary level to account for this quarterly fee ($217 per quarter during the 2018-2019 academic year). NOTE - You must pay the quarterly CHSF through your University Bill.
- If you know that you will not need to access the Vaden Health Center at all during the coming academic year, please email Vanessa Sutter and she will help you enable the CHSF exemption.
The following two pronged approach will begin in the 2018-2019 academic year:
- All Biology PhD Hopkins Marine Station students in years 2+ will receive an annual stipend of $200 to account for expenses that arise from the need to travel to and from main campus (e.g., the need for urgent medical attention on campus, an important meeting that is called on short notice, etc.).
- For more sustained, predictable expenses (e.g., you need to be on campus for several days in a row to use specific machines), students should present Hopkins Marine Station Director, Professor Mark Denny (email@example.com) with a plan and budget for their expenses on a quarterly basis. Please plan to submit your plan near the beginning of the quarter in which the expense will occur. Once the proposed expenses have been approved, you can then turn in receipts to Judy and you will be reimbursed. Note: this plan is intended to cover only out of pocket expenses that cannot be covered by one's advisor.