Applying and Deadline
The Biology Department accepts applications once per year. For entry to the coterminal master's program in Spring 2017-2018, Autumn 2018-2019 or Winter 2018-2019, applications are due no later than 11:59pm on Thursday, January 18, 2018. Late applications will not be accepted. The application deadline for all previous quarters has now passed.
Complete coterminal master's applications should include the following:
- Completed Coterminal Online Application, including an upload of your signed Coterm Program Approval form
- Statement of Purpose (1-2 pages) explaining why you wish to enter the program and what you plan to accomplish while in the program. The statements should also supply information about your science capabilities if your undergraduate academic record does not accurately reflect them. For example, if your GPA is slightly under 3.0, then you should explain any changes that may indicate improvement in coursework.
- Two letters of recommendation from Stanford faculty members, preferably from biology faculty
- Unofficial Stanford transcript showing coursework in the introductory courses, foundational courses, laboratory courses, and breadth courses as outlined in the Biology undergraduate major requirements.
- Preliminary Program Proposal
- Coterminal Course Approval Form (If applicable, submit directly to Gilbert Building, Room 108)
Application Review and Decisions
Applicants will be notified of the admission decision in writing, typically 3-4 weeks after the application deadline. If a student is approved for admission into the coterminal program, the student must respond to the department within the same quarter the offer of admission was made.