The Department of Biology is a vibrant and diverse research community with postdoctoral scholars from around the world. If you are interested in becoming a postdoctoral scholar, please directly contact the faculty member with whom you wish to work and check this page for open positions.
Opportunities for Prospective Stanford Postdoctoral Scholars
- Stanford Postdoctoral Recruitment Initiative in Sciences and Medicine (PRISM): Apply to explore Stanford's training environment and to consider whether advanced training at Stanford would support your career goal. All graduate students, and especially those from backgrounds underrepresented in academia, are invited to apply for the Stanford (PRISM) postdoc interview opportunity.
- Stanford Science Fellows: These postdoctoral fellowships are intended for exceptional early career scientists who have recently been or will soon be awarded their PhD.
Resources for Stanford Postdoctoral Scholars
- Office of Postdoctoral Affairs (information for current and prospective postdocs)
- Postdoc Benefits (health insurance, leaves, etc.)
- Helpful Stanford Resources for Students & Postdocs (academic, financial, professional, etc.)
- Resource list compiled by Stanford Biology Department Postdocs (useful seminars and listservs, shared equipment, contacts and more)
Stanford Biology Postdoctoral Affairs Committee
This committee was formed in January 2021 to advocate for the needs and interests of postdocs in the department. They organize community building events such as welcome coffee meet-ups, monthly lunches, happy hours and an annual field trip. They also plan professional development events such as research symposiums and mentoring trainings. Feel free to contact the Bio Postdoc Committee with questions, ideas and concerns, or if you have any interest in getting involved.